Friday, March 20, 2009

Heart... my Best Friend

I have an awesome best friend, who God has blessed me abundantly with and through, and who I get to spend time with most days.

However, we live in a fallen, sinful world, in this complex paradox where fallen, sinful bodies and minds are yet at the same time a miracle of design and, often, of grace. So one of the trickiest, most rewarding pasttimes that I've found is letting my best friend know how awestruck I am, while at the same time trying to be careful not to be so awestruck that I forget to do a good job, or in any way cause my best friend to think she's too awesome for God (or me!).

Ever notice how the most difficult things God calls us to do are often the most rewarding?

(Song of Songs 6:10; Proverbs 27:1-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment